Introduction: Real Madrid midfielder Jude Bellingham has addressed the controversy surrounding his red card against Osasuna, insisting there was a misunderstanding regarding his words to the referee.


What happened: Bellingham received a straight red card in Real Madrid’s 1-1 draw with Osasuna for alleged dissent toward the referee. According to the official’s report, the midfielder said “f** you,”* which led to his dismissal. However, Bellingham denied this claim, stating that he actually said “f** off.”* Despite his clarification, the red card proved costly, as Madrid dropped crucial points in the title race. If Barcelona defeats Rayo Vallecano on Monday, they could move ahead of Madrid at the top of LaLiga.
Jude Bellingham Breaks His Silence: Following the match, Bellingham addressed the situation on social media. He urged fans to move on from the misunderstanding and apologized for “putting my teammates in a difficult position.” He ended his message by writing, “See you on Wednesday at home,” referring to Madrid’s next fixture.
The Bigger Picture: Real Madrid now awaits the league’s decision on whether Bellingham will face a suspension. The club is hoping to avoid a ban, especially since Getafe’s Mason Greenwood escaped punishment for a similar offense earlier this season. Losing Bellingham would be a significant setback for Madrid, as he remains a crucial player under Carlo Ancelotti.
What’s Next for Bellingham?: While his availability in La Liga remains uncertain, Bellingham is expected to return to action in the Champions League. Madrid will face Manchester City in the second leg of their play-off tie, following their thrilling 3-2 win at the Etihad Stadium, where Bellingham scored the decisive goal. Madrid fans will be eager to see him back on the pitch as they continue their pursuit of European glory.
Source: Goal